One in every of our favorites dinner sides is a baked potato in foil. Whether or not you’re hoping to make a baked potato in oven or on the grill, we’ll train you tips on how to make an ideal baked potato each time!
Serve your baked potato in foil with a yummy sous vide steak, seared salmon, or perhaps a vegetarian black bean burger!
Favourite Aspect –> Baked Potato Wrapped in Foil!
Spring, Summer season, Winter, Fall…there isn’t a foul time to make a baked potato in foil! Baked potatoes are my all-time favourite meals. Ask my dad and mom, they referred to as me spud rising up as a result of I requested for them so typically.
I like consuming a wonderfully baked potato subsequent to grilled steak, slow-roasted pork shoulder, or juicy pan-seared rooster. They’re the proper vessel to load up on toppings to finish any meal.
Right now we thought we’d return to the fundamentals to show you tips on how to make an ideal baked potato each time. To get began, you’ll want only a few issues…and don’t fear, you’ll get each an oven and a grill choice!
- Giant Idaho Potatoes: on this recipe, we used Idaho potatoes, however you’ll be able to really use this methodology for any type of potato reminiscent of russet, purple, candy, and so forth!
- Olive Oil: we’ve discovered olive oil to have one of the best taste for baked potatoes, however you too can use canola.
- Salt and Pepper: these two spices are magic relating to baking a potato in foil. Be beneficiant, I promise your tastebuds will he completely satisfied.
- Toppings: We’ll get into toppings later, however a freshly cooked baked potato is your oyster. Get inventive along with your favourite toppings and have enjoyable!
Tips on how to Bake a Potato in Foil
Step 1: Clear potatoes
Potatoes come from the bottom so generally there may be grime or residue left behind in your tater. Run them below heat water and in case you have one, use a scrubby brush to wash the pores and skin of the taters.
Then, pat dry with a towel and transfer to step 2.
Can I Use Any Sort of Potato?
Technically you should use any type of potato with the foil-pack methodology. Do observe that dimension issues relating to baking time. The larger the potato, the longer you’ll need to cook dinner it. Listed below are another potato choices you’ll be able to strive:
- candy potatoes
- russet potatoes
- purple potatoes
Step 2: Rub with olive oil and season
Now it’s time to drizzle your potatoes with olive oil. We prefer to drizzle after which therapeutic massage the oil into the potato pores and skin to ensure that ever knick and cranny is roofed.
Then, generously season your potatoes with salt and pepper. Don’t be shy on this half…you’ll thank me later!
Step 3: Roll in Tin Foil
Now it’s time to roll your potatoes in foil. The explanation we roll potatoes in foil within the first place is to be able to lure the warmth near the potato and cook dinner it evenly.
There isn’t a proper or fallacious method to really roll the potato, so use your finest judgment and get rolling! We prefer to mimic a burrito roll, it appears to be efficient.
What are the advantages of utilizing aluminum foil on a baked potato?
We’ve discovered that when wrapping a potato in foil, they really cook dinner sooner as a result of the aluminum foil traps the warmth, thus cooking them sooner.
We’ve additionally discovered that in the event you’re planning to make baked potatoes within the oven as half of a bigger meal, that they keep hotter longer wrapped within the foil as a result of it insulates them as soon as they’re finished cooking.
Do I’ve to poke holes in my baked potatoes?
There’s a massive debate about this on the web and the reality is, we’ve finished it each methods and get the identical outcomes!
Step 4: Time to Prepare dinner
Oven vs. Grill
Excellent news of us…you may make a baked potato in oven wrapped in foil and baked potatoes on the grill! Plus, it’s just about the identical methodology (you’ll be able to even make your baked taters within the crockpot!)!
Oven: To make a baked potato in oven wrapped in foil, preheat the oven to 450ºF. Place baked potatoes in foil straight in your oven rack. Let cook dinner for 45-60 minutes rotating after half-hour. Use a fork to pierce the potatoes to see how smooth they’re.
Grill: Preheat grill to 450ºF. Place your baked potatoes in foil straight on the flame and canopy. Let cook dinner for 45-60 minutes rotating each 10 minutes or so. The time will rely upon how massive your potatoes are. Use a fork to pierce the potatoes to see how smooth they’re.
For each strategies, let cool, for about quarter-hour earlier than unwrapping so that you don’t burn your self! Serve instantly or refrigerate for later.
So, to recap: How lengthy to bake a potato?
We suggest baking your potatoes at 450ºF for round 45-60 minutes relying on the dimensions. If you happen to’re planning to grill, it’s the identical temp and time.
Why the excessive warmth?
We’ve discovered that the candy spot of baking a potato to get that fluffy inside and crispier exterior is cooking them at excessive warmth. So, 450ºF it’s!
How lengthy to bake potatoes at 375 in foil: a medium potato at 375ºF will take round 1 hour to totally bake. If you happen to use a bigger potato, you’ll possible want so as to add time.
Trying to get inventive along with your toppings? Listed below are just a few you need to strive!
Let your potatoes cool fully. You’ll be able to both depart them wrapped in foil or unwrap them (it’s all desire). Then, retailer them within the fridge for as much as 5 days. We like to position them right into a gallon-size bag.
Tips on how to Reheat Baked Potatoes in Foil
Trying to reheat your potatoes? Take a look at 2 choices beneath for reheating!
Oven: in the event you maintain your baked potatoes wrapped within the foil, you’ll be able to reheat them proper within the oven. Preheat oven to 400ºF and let cook dinner for 15-20 minutes, or till potatoes are heat.
Microwave: take away baked potatoes from tin foil and place on a plate. Microwave on excessive for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes or till scorching.
- 6 massive Idaho potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Optionally available Toppings
- Salt and pepper
- Bitter cream or Greek yogurt
- First, preheat the grill or oven to 450ºF.
- Run potatoes below heat water and use a scrubby to take away any grime or residue after which and pat dry with a towel to dry.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and use your arms to therapeutic massage the oil into the pores and skin. Then, generously season your complete potato with salt and pepper.
- Individually wrap every potato in a bit of tin foil.
- Grill: Place potatoes straight on the grill grates over direct warmth. Cowl, and let cook dinner for 45-60 minutes. Rotating each 10 minutes.
- Oven: Place potatoes straight in your oven racks and let cook dinner for 45-60 minutes rotating after half-hour.
- After 45 minutes, pierce one of many potatoes with a fork to see how tender they’re. As soon as they’re simply poked you recognize they’re finished!
- Take away from warmth, let sit for quarter-hour to chill, after which unwrap from foil to eat.
- High along with your favourite toppings and revel in!
Ideas & Notes
- *Prepare dinner time will range relying on how massive the potatoes are. Medium-sized Idaho potatoes will take round 45 minutes and huge Idaho potatoes will take 60+ minutes.
- Diet info doesn’t embrace toppings.
Serving Measurement: 1
Key phrases: baked potato in foil, baked potato in oven, baked potato in oven wrapped in foil