This easy rooster broccoli alfredo recipe is made with a tacky roux, pan-seared rooster, and broccoli florets for a balanced dinner concept.
Hen Broccoli Alfredo – Simple 30 Minute Meal
You’ll not remorse whipping up this rooster broccoli alfredo for dinner tonight. It’s creamy, filled with veggies, and has a big serving of protein.
You should use rooster thighs, rooster breasts, and even add in different veggies when you’re feeling adventurous.
why we love this meal
- It’s a wholesome consolation meals that everybody craves.
- This rooster broccoli alfredo is child pleasant.
- It’s a good way to make use of up broccoli.
- You can also make it in beneath half-hour!
Components You Want
Under are all of the components you could make this simple weeknight dinner recipe.
- rooster thighs: we use boneless skinless rooster thighs for a extra moist and flavorful rooster.
- broccoli florets: it could be rooster broccoli alfredo with out broccoli! Be sure you reduce them into chunk sized items.
- all objective flour: flour thickens the roux for this sauce.
- salted butter: butter goes so as to add a silkiness to this alfredo sauce.
- 2% milk – any form of milk will work for this.
- white wine: somewhat white wine provides vinegar and brightness to the sauce.
- starchy pasta water – don’t neglect to order starchy pasta water. This helps thicken the sauce.
- spices – you want garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- grated parmesan cheese – be certain to purchase grated parmesan cheese as this may soften within the sauce the best. You can even purchase block parmesan and finely grate it.
At all times Pan
The At all times Pan is our favourite pan for sauteing, steaming, frying, and simmering. It’s a nonstick pan that we extremely advocate.
Put together the Hen Thighs First!
Put together the rooster thighs earlier than you do something for this rooster broccoli alfredo recipe. Letting the rooster sit within the spices will add taste and depart you with moist rooster.
- Lower the rooster thighs into bite-sized items.
- Drizzle water over the rooster thigh items. This can assist the spices and cheese persist with the rooster.
- Sprinkle the garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan over the rooster items.
- Set the rooster apart to absorb all of the flavors.
Boil the Noodles
After you put together the rooster, you wish to put together the pasta. Why? As a result of you could use some starchy pasta water within the alfredo sauce!
- Deliver a big salted pot of water (don’t neglect the salt) and add your pasta to the water.
- Cook dinner the pasta till al dente.
- Earlier than straining the pasta, put aside 2 cups of starch water (we at all times take out extra simply in case).
- Pressure the pasta, rinse with water, and put aside for later!
You should use any kind of pasta that you desire to! We used fettuccini pasta for our recipe however be at liberty to make use of penne pasta, rigatoni pasta, and even linguini pasta.
Steam Your Broccoli
Steaming broccoli to your rooster broccoli alfredo is really easy and solely takes a couple of minutes. If you need a deep dive into the right way to steam broccoli, take a look at this submit. Here’s a fast overview of how we steam broccoli for this recipe.
- Add the broccoli items in a big, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of water to the skillet and sprinkle the broccoli with a pinch of salt. Cowl the skillet.
- Warmth the skillet over medium/excessive warmth to steam the broccoli. Let the broccoli steam within the skillet for 2-4 minutes or till the broccoli has turned a vibrant inexperienced colour.
- Take away the skillet from warmth and switch the broccoli to a big bowl and put aside for later.
Brown the Hen
Now that the pasta and the broccoli are prepared all you must do is brown the rooster. Warmth the butter in a non-stick skillet and brown the rooster for 3-4 minutes on either side.
Take away the rooster from the pan and add it to the identical bowl because the broccoli. Don’t wash your pan, you will use it to make the roux.
Hen inside temp
In line with the USDA, the secure cooking temperature for poultry is 165ºF.
Let rests: Keep in mind that after cooking rooster let it relaxation for five minutes in order that the inner temperature can proceed to rise round 5ºF.
Make the Alfredo Sauce
Questioning the right way to make alfredo sauce from scratch? Right here’s an excellent easy tutorial on how to take action:
- Deglaze: add white wine to the underside of the identical pan you used for the rooster to deglaze it. Use a spatula to scrape the brown bits from the underside.
- Make Roux: add butter to the pan and absolutely soften. Then, slowly add flour and whisk till it varieties a crumble.
- Make Creamy Sauce: add milk and proceed to whisk over medium warmth till the sauce has thickened. Add the milk, starchy pasta water, and spices. Proceed to whisk till creamy.
- Add Parmesan: lastly, add grated parmesan cheese and whisk till it has melted within the Alfredo sauce.
- Toss with Pasta: toss Alfredo sauce with cooked fettuccini noodles to totally coat.
Hen Broccoli Alfredo Q & A
You possibly can preserve rooster broccoli Alfredo within the fridge for 3-5 days if saved in an air tight container.
To reheat rooster broccoli alfredo, place the rooster broccoli Alfredo in a skillet pan and add a number of tablespoons of water. Toss every little thing collectively and warmth over low warmth till easy and creamy.
We advocate serving rooster broccoli Alfredo with a butter lettuce salad or a easy arugula salad. One thing gentle as a result of rooster broccoli Alfredo is a heavier dish.
You possibly can add any veggies to your rooster broccoli alfredo. Our go-to veggie add is to steam cauliflower with the broccoli. You can even add bell peppers, onions, or zucchini.
We don’t advocate freezing rooster broccoli Alfredo.
Aspect Salads Broccoli Alfredo
Hen Broccoli Alfredo
This rooster broccoli Alfredo recipe makes use of boneless rooster thighs, a basic roux, broccoli, and some different components to create a creamy and scrumptious Alfredo dinner.
Cook dinner:20 minutes
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless rooster thighs
- 3 tablespoons water separated
- 1 teaspoon salt separated
- ½ teaspoon floor pepper
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 8 oz. raw fettuccine noodles
- 4 cups broccoli florets chopped into chunk sized items
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter separated
- ¼ cup dry white wine we used chardonnay
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2 % milk
- 1 cup starchy pasta water
Put together the rooster thighs. Start by slicing the rooster thighs into 1-inch chunks and switch them right into a bowl. Then drizzle on 1 tablespoon of water. This can assist the parmesan persist with it.
Place ½ teaspoon salt, pepper and a couple of tablespoons of finely grated parmesan cheese in a small bowl and blend till mixed.
Make certain the rooster thigh items are coated in water after which season the rooster thigh items with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Toss till the rooster items are coated after which put aside.
Cook dinner the noodles. Deliver a big pot of salted water to boil and add the fettuccine noodles. Cook dinner the fettuccine noodles till they’re al dente.
Earlier than straining the water from the noodles, take away 2 cups of starchy pasta water from the pot to make use of for later. Rinse the pasta with chilly water and put aside.
Subsequent, place the broccoli items in a big, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of water to the skillet and sprinkle the broccoli with a pinch of salt. Cowl the skillet.
Warmth the skillet over medium/excessive warmth to steam the broccoli. Let the broccoli steam within the skillet for 2-4 minutes or till the broccoli has turned a vibrant inexperienced colour.
Take away the skillet from warmth and switch the broccoli to a big bowl and put aside for later.
Brown the rooster. Warmth the identical skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet.
When the butter has melted, unfold the butter over the underside of the skillet.
Add the items of rooster thigh to the skillet and brown them on either side for 3-4 minutes. Switch the rooster items to the identical bowl because the broccoli.
Return the skillet to the warmth and deglaze the pan with white wine. Use a spatula to scrape the entire brown bits from the underside of the skillet.
Put together the alfredo sauce. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and switch the warmth all the way down to medium warmth.
When the butter is melted, add the flour to the skillet and whisk the 2 components till a paste varieties.
Slowly add the milk to the skillet, whisking continually till the combination thickens.
Subsequent, slowly add the starchy pasta water to the skillet, whisking continually.
Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of finely grated parmesan and garlic powder to the skillet and whisk the cheese into the sauce till the cheese is melted.
Add the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt to the sauce and whisk till mixed.
Subsequent, add the cooked fettuccine to the cheese sauce and toss the pasta with the pasta sauce till coated.
Lastly, add the rooster and broccoli to the skillet and fold the rooster and greens into the pasta and sauce.
Prime with freshly grated parmesan and freshly cracked pepper.
Ideas & Notes
- We extremely advocate utilizing boneless skinless rooster thighs for this recipe, however rooster breasts will work as properly.
- In case you choose a really liquid-y sauce, be at liberty so as to add extra milk or starchy water to the Alfredo sauce earlier than including the pasta to the Alfredo sauce.
- Be happy so as to add extra salt to the sauce on the finish of the dish.
Energy: 457kcal Carbohydrates: 35g Protein: 31g Fats: 18g Fiber: 18g Sugar: 5g