These candy potato tater tots are really easy to make! All you need to do is combine the substances collectively, kind a tater tot, and bake. These wholesome tater tots make an awesome facet dish for any meal in addition to a enjoyable dinner concept for the youngsters.
Scrumptious Candy Potato Tater Tots
These wholesome candy potato tater tots got here to life as a result of as we have been planning for fall recipes (which we do in the beginning of summer season) we knew we needed to create a scrumptious wholesome tater tot hotdish recipe.
In anticipation for our tater tot sizzling dish, we needed to create a scrumptious new candy potato tater tot recipe. HERE IT IS. We love this recipe as a result of it’s straightforward to make and you’ve got the choice of creating these tots vegan or you’ll be able to add an egg for additional crispiness.
I’ll be trustworthy, prep time for these little guys is a course of, simply because you need to mould all of the tater tots individually. Actually, it was a fairly peaceable course of. Meditative as a result of you’ll be able to’t be in your cellphone. It’s simply you and the tater tots. LOL
- Candy Potatoes – we use two small candy potatoes for this recipe. Our candy potatoes are orange however you should use white candy potatoes, too.
- Almond Flour – this recipe is gluten free. We use blanched almond flour. Ensure to not use coarse almond flour. The blanched almond flour is mild in shade and really wonderful.
- Garlic Powder – garlic makes the world go spherical.
- Sea Salt– salt brings out the entire finest flavors of the candy potatoes.
- Olive Oil– we use olive oil because the fats within the tater tot.
Instructions at a Look
- Grate the candy potatoes with the smallest grate. Place the candy potatoes in a bowl and sprinkle them with salt to attract the moisture out of the week potatoes. After the candy potatoes have sat, place the candy potato shreds in a tea towel and squeeze the moisture from the candy potatoes.
- Add the candy potatoes, garlic powder, and olive oil to a bowl and blend till mixed and kinds a ball.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out a heaping scoop of candy potato combination. Kind a tater tot along with your fingers and place on a greased pan. Repeat till the candy potato combination is gone. Sprinkle tater tot with olive oil.
- Bake the candy potato tater tots at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip. Bake for an extra 10 minutes.
Suggestions for Making Tater Tots
- Make certain to FINELY grate the candy potatoes potatoes and allow them to sit with a little bit of salt to attract out any further moisture.
- Season grated potatoes along with your favourite spices or spice combine for some enjoyable added taste.
- If tater tots will not be forming, add an egg or a flax egg. This could bind the combination collectively, making the tater tots simpler to kind.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or use parchment paper to keep away from any sticking.
- Flip tater tots midway by means of bake time to make sure each side get a bit of crunchy.
- Make a scrumptious dipping sauce for tater tots. We extremely advocate this Greek yogurt pickle dip.
make it straightforward
Print Your Personal
Hold widespread kitchen conversions like tablespoons to teaspoons and Fahrenheit to Celsius readily available always with our printable kitchen conversions chart.
get it now
Study Extra Kitchen Conversions
- 2 small candy potatoes peeled (2 cups shredded)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- Optionally available
- 1 egg crushed*
Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Use the second smallest grate dimension in your cheese grater and grate candy potatoes. Place shredded candy potatoes in a bowl and blend with a pinch of salt and let sit for 10-Quarter-hour to attract out moisture.
Subsequent, place candy potato in two layers of paper towel and squeeze the moisture out of the candy potato over a sink. Squeeze as a lot moisture out as doable.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine candy potato with the remainder of the substances (besides olive oil). Combine effectively.
Use a teaspoon to scoop out a heaping scoop of candy potato combination. Kind a tater tot along with your fingers and place on a greased pan. Repeat till the candy potato combination is gone. Sprinkle tater tot with olive oil.
Bake for 10 minutes then flip. Bake for an extra 10 minutes.
Suggestions & Notes
- For a crispier tater high, add an egg!
Energy: 31kcal Carbohydrates: 3g Fats: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g