The world’s first energetic robotic knee alternative system, the CUVIS Joint, has considerably enhanced joint alternative procedures.
Meril Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., the main orthopaedic implant producer in India, and Curexo Inc. of South Korea collaborated to convey this know-how to India to boost healthcare requirements.
A CLASS 3 AUTOMATION ROBOT SURGICAL SYSTEM, the CUVIS Joint robotic system, can carry out digital surgical procedure, exact slicing, and 3D pre-planning .
It’s an ergonomic surgical robotic that mixes precision, security, innovation, flexibility, and ease of use for orthopaedic surgeons.
Robotic-assisted Knee Substitute
It’s an AI (Synthetic Intelligence ) -based programmed software program that helps the surgeon carry out the surgical procedure; it’s not supposed to switch a surgeon.
Trivia! The primary robotic knee surgical procedure was carried out in the UK as early as 1988.
When must you not go for robotic surgical procedure:
A standard strategy is most popular when the affected person is weak to infections. Robotic surgical procedure requires extra time and leaves the surgical web site open for longer.
The Benefits of a Robotic-assisted Whole Knee Substitute:
● Implant positioning that’s exact and correct
● Improved muscle and ligament stability are achieved.
● The bones within the joint are exactly aligned.
● Restoration after surgical procedure is straightforward.
Components of THE CUVIS JOINT:
● Fundamental console
● The robotic arm
The method of Cuvis Joint Knee Substitute surgical procedure:
1. CT photos
2. Conversion of CT photos to a 3D mannequin to create a surgical plan –
● Establishing the correct axis between the shin bone and hip bone
● The setting of the bone’s rotation
● Selecting the implant
● Utilizing digital surgical procedure to see the anticipated outcomes
3. The affected person is linked to the robotic throughout surgical procedure. The system handles the alignment, implant placement, and bone-cutting.
The advantages of the CUVIS Joint:
● Correct bone measurements
● An correct joint area verify.
● Thorough 3D mannequin
● There are lots of slicing choices (full or partial), and the slicing order might be modified.
● A number of slicing speeds, with a prime velocity of fifty mm per second.
● Chopping, positioning, and alignment accuracy right down to the millimetre.
● Optical monitoring techniques
● Chopping accuracy 0.5mm
● Positional accuracy is 1.0 mm or much less.
● Actual-time monitoring permits guide operation, and an emergency stops and freeze of the gadget as wanted.
The CUVIS joint works on 4 core rules:
Since its debut on December 13, 2020, Bengaluru-based Dr Chandrashekar has accomplished greater than 120 knee alternative surgical procedures .
On A Ultimate Observe…
Research and analysis have demonstrated that robotic surgical procedures simulated by AI have many advantages over typical ones. Knee alternative surgical procedure as a therapy for osteoarthritis has a shiny future in India.
GET THE BEST BOLDSKY STORIES!
You could have already subscribed
Story first revealed: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 11:12 [IST]