Take-out beef and broccoli is usually loaded with sodium and doused in unhealthy sauce. With this beef stir-fry recipe, you’ll get all of the yummy style of a Chinese language meals favourite with out the unhealthy components.
- Serving measurement: 1-1/2 cups beef and broccoli with 1/2 cup rice
- Energy: 434
- Fats: 13g
- Saturated Fats: 4g
- Ldl cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 37g
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry or pink wine
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (gluten free if wanted)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 lb boneless flank steak, lower diagonally throughout grain into skinny slices
- 1/2 cup beef broth (gluten free if wanted)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce (gluten free if wanted)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped recent ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds (elective)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the sherry, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, sugar and flank steak. Put aside.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively the remaining 1 tablespoon sherry, the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, cornstarch and hoisin. Put aside.
- Frivolously coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and warmth on medium excessive. Add the meat combination and prepare dinner for 3 minutes, or till browned. Take away beef from skillet and drain the juices.
- Add oil to skillet. Add ginger and garlic and prepare dinner for 30 seconds, stirring always.
- Add broccoli and 1/4 cup water and prepare dinner for two to three minutes, or till broccoli is softened however nonetheless crisp.
- Add scallions and prepare dinner for 1 minute, stirring always.
- Add broth combination, beef combination and water chestnuts; prepare dinner for two minutes, or till beef is completely heated and sauce is barely thick.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if utilizing. Serve beef combination over rice.
Copyright 2016-2022 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Well being eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook dinner eKitchen™ is a delegated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the data contained herein with out the categorical approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.