Final up to date: September 8, 2021
The Interstate Medical Licensure Compact Fee (IMLC) is now processing functions for expedited licensure in 29 states and one territory. This makes the method for acquiring a medical license in these states less complicated when you already maintain your major license in one of many collaborating states.
The IMLC creates one other pathway for licensure and doesn’t in any other case change a state’s current Medical Apply Act. The IMLC additionally adopts a uniform and stringent normal for licensure and affirms that the observe of medication happens the place the affected person is positioned on the time of the physician-patient encounter. Upon licensure by way of the IMLC, the doctor shall be beneath the jurisdiction of the medical board within the state the place the affected person is positioned.
States at present accepting functions for expedited licensure
There are at present 29 states and one territory accepting functions for expedited licensure:
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
*As a result of Georgia, Oklahoma, and Vermont aren’t states of precept licensure (SPL), so you’ll be able to’t enter into the compact with a GA, OK, or VT license. Nonetheless, you may get a license to observe in these states by coming into the compact via one other SPL state.
Different states which can be a part of the compact
The next states, territories, and districts are a part of the compact, however haven’t but applied full participation:
- District of Columbia
The next states have had laws launched to affix the compact:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
To qualify to take part on this program a doctor should fulfill the next necessities:
- Possess an energetic, full and unrestricted medical license in an SPL state and are a resident, have at the very least 25 p.c of their medical observe, or are employed by an entity in a kind of states.
- Be a graduate of a medical faculty accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Schooling, the Fee on Osteopathic Faculty Accreditation, or a medical faculty listed within the Worldwide Medical Schooling Listing.
- Handed every part of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination or the Complete Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination inside three makes an attempt, or any predecessor examinations accepted by the state medical board during which you maintain your major license.
- Efficiently accomplished graduate medical training authorized by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Schooling or the American Osteopathic Affiliation.
- Maintain an energetic, time-limited specialty certification or a lifetime specialty certificates acknowledged by the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Affiliation.
- By no means been convicted, obtained adjudication, deferred adjudication, group supervision, or deferred disposition for a felony, gross misdemeanor, or crime of ethical turpitude.
- By no means held a medical license subjected to self-discipline by a licensing company in any state, federal, or international jurisdiction, excluding any motion associated to non-payment of charges associated to a medical license.
- By no means had a managed substance license or allow suspended or revoked by a state or the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Isn’t beneath energetic investigation by a licensing company or legislation enforcement authority in any state, federal, or international jurisdiction.
For extra data on the compact, go to imlcc.org or name Weatherby Healthcare’s licensing division at 866.831.3727. To be contacted with details about locum tenens jobs in these states, full the shape under.