This juicy orange roasted rooster blends orange marmalade and sherry vinegar to make a mouth-watering candy and savory glaze. With a touch of rosemary and ginger, this dish is ideal for on a regular basis, or for an important day.
- Serving dimension: 4 oz
- Energy: 228
- Fats: 3g
- Saturated Fats: 1g
- Ldl cholesterol: 79mg
- Sodium: 292mg
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 24g
- 1 complete rooster (about 4 lbs)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper to style
- 2 oranges, peeled, plus extra orange slices for garnish
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp contemporary grated ginger
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp chopped contemporary rosemary
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350°. Season rooster with the salt and pepper.
- Place half of the orange segments into the rooster cavity.
- In a shallow roasting pan, organize the onion and the remaining half of the orange segments. Add the sherry vinegar.
- Place the rooster, breast facet down, on high of the onion combination.
- In a cup, mix orange juice, ginger, orange zest, and rosemary. Brush the orange juice combination over the rooster.
- Roast for half-hour.
- Flip the rooster, breast facet up, and brush with orange marmalade.
- Roast for 1 hour, basting the rooster each 20 minutes.
- The rooster is finished when a meat thermometer inserted within the thickest a part of the thigh reaches 165°.
- Let stand for 10 minutes earlier than carving. Garnish particular person servings with the unpeeled orange slices.
© Baldwin Publishing, Inc. ® Well being eCooking is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. No info offered in any recipe and/or different services or products is an alternative to skilled medical recommendation and shouldn’t be interpreted as therapy suggestions. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION.