Often known as Padwa Shraddha, Pratipada Shraddha is noticed on ‘pratipada tithi’ (1st day) through the ‘Shukla Paksha’ (the interval of the intense fortnight of moon) within the ‘Bhadrapada’ month as per the Hindu calendar.
This present day is noticed within the remembrance of the deceased members of the family who’ve handed away or died on the Pratipada or Padyami tithi in each throughout Shukla Paksha or Krishna Paksha. This yr, 21 September might be marked as Pratipada Shraddha. As per the Purnimant Calendar, the Pratipada Shraddha ritual is noticed within the ‘Ashwin’ month It’s the first day of the Pitru Paksha (the fortnight interval) and it ends with ‘Mahalaya Shraddha’.
Pratipada Shraddha 2021: Date And Puja Tithi
Pratipada Shraddha falls on 21 September, Thursday this yr in 2021. As per Drikpanchang, the puja tithi or timings are as follows:
Kutup (कुतुप) Muhurat – 11:50 AM to 12:38 PM
Length – 00 Hours 49 Minutes
Rohina (रौहिण) Muhurat – 12:38 PM to 01:27 PM
Length – 00 Hours 49 Minutes
Aparahna (अपराह्न) Kaal – 01:27 PM to 03:53 PM
Length – 02 Hours 26 Minutes
Pratipada Tithi Begins – 05:24 AM on Sep 21, 2021
Pratipada Tithi Ends – 05:51 AM on Sep 22, 2021
Pratipada Shraddha 2021: Puja Rituals And How To Do
- Pratipada Shraddha is a approach to pay homage to 1’s ancestors.
- On at the present time the rituals are carried out for the deceased members of a household by the eldest male family members.
- This ritual entails providing tarpan to the useless members and this ritual is adopted by pind-daan the place choices are both immersed in a river or given to a crow.
- Time could be very important on this ritual in order that the prasad might be eaten through the ‘Aparahna’ or afternoon time.
- As soon as the ritual is accomplished, the ready meals is first served to a Brahmin after which consumed by the members of the family.
- Charity or donation can also be carried out on this event and a few individuals observe quick (vrat) as nicely on Pratipada Shraddha.
- On as of late, strict satvik meals is simply allowed and consumption of non-veg meals and alcohol is prohibited.
- Individuals additionally abstain from chopping their hair throughout this era.
- This present day like all different days of Pitru Paksha is taken into account to be inauspicious.
Pratipada Shraddha 2021: Significance
Within the Hindu faith, Shraddha is a vital ritual and is noticed in Hinduism for the useless ancestors. Spiritual scriptures like ‘Matsya Purana’, ‘Garuda Purana’ and ‘Agni Purana’ additionally point out shraddha rituals intimately. The thought behind performing Pradtipada Shraddha is to appease the souls and peace to the deceased individuals. Sure individuals imagine that by observing this ritual, peace, happiness and prosperity will prevail of their properties. It’s stated that this ritual liberates the soul from the cycle of beginning and demise, leading to salvation. In India, there are few necessary and in style locations the place Pratipada Shraddha is performed- Kasha, Gaya, Prayag Sangam, Rishikesh, Haridwar and Rameshwaram.
Durga Puja 2021: Mahalaya Tarpan That means And Rituals Carried out on Pitru Paksha
Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Competition
Navratri 2021 Day 9: Know About Devi Siddhidatri And Maha Navami
Navratri 2021 Day 8: Know About Mahagauri, Puja Vidhi, Significance And Mantras
Navratri 2021 Day 7: Mata Kalaratri Legend, Puja Vidhi, Significance And Mantra
Navratri 2021 Day 6: Know About Goddess Katyayani, Puja Vidhi And Her Significance
Navratri 2021 Day 5: Know About Mata Skandamata, Puja Vidhi And Her Significance
Navratri 2021 Day 4: Know About Mata Kushmanda, Puja Vidhi, Significance And Mantras
Navratri 2021 Day 3: Right here’s The Puja Vidhi, Significance And Mantras Of Chandraghanta
Navratri 2021 Day 2: Puja Vidhi, Legends, Significance And Mantras Of Mata Brahmacharini
Navratri 2020: Well-known Durga Temples In Maharashtra
Navratri 2021, Day 1: Know About Mata Shailputri And How To Worship Her
GET THE BEST BOLDSKY STORIES!
You’ve gotten already subscribed