A tasty and conventional steamed chocolate pudding, with a decadent sauce of the highest.
Steamed puddings are about as conventional as British desserts get and this fabulous chocolatey one will remind many individuals of their childhoods. Possibly it was your favorite faculty pudding, or perhaps a household custom. Both approach, this can be a nice recipe for recreating the magic. You will want an excellent couple of hours to arrange this pud – it must steam for about an hour and a half. However it’s easy to do and well worth the wait. It comes with its personal scrumptious sauce, so there is no want for additional cream or ice cream – although each do make a pleasant cheeky addition.
For the pudding:
- 100g (4oz) butter, softened
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 massive eggs, overwhelmed
- 100g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 15ml (1 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 100g (4oz) plain chocolate, melted
- 50g (2oz) pecan nuts, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) milk
For the sauce:
- 100g (4oz) plain chocolate, damaged into items
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 30ml (2 tbsp) golden syrup
- Just a few chopped pecan nuts, to brighten
- Place the butter and sugar in a big bowl and beat till pale and creamy. Steadily beat within the eggs a bit at a time (add a spoonful of the flour if the combination begins to curdle). Sift collectively the flour and cocoa powder and fold into the combination with the melted chocolate, chopped pecans and milk.
- Butter and line the bottom of a 900ml (1½pt) pudding basin with a circle of greaseproof paper. Spoon the combination into the basin and canopy with a spherical of greased and pleated greaseproof paper tied securely with fantastic string. Cowl with pleated foil.
- Steam for 1½ hrs (see tip) till the pudding is risen and agency to the contact and a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clear.
- For the chocolate sauce, place all of the components in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and depart till melted. Take away from the warmth and stir to make a clean sauce.
- Flip the pudding out on to a plate and pour over a few of the chocolate sauce and beautify with chopped pecan nuts. Serve the remainder of the sauce individually.
High tip for making steamed chocolate pudding
If you do not have a steamer, crumple a big piece of foil right into a thick spherical and place within the base of a giant pan. Sit the pudding basin on the spherical of foil and pour in sufficient boiling water to come back midway up the aspect of the basin. Cowl the pan with a well-fitting lid.
You may additionally like…