This southern candy potato pie is made with much less sugar and eggs than conventional candy potato pie. It’s mild, simple, creamy, and scrumptious.
- Energy: 146
- Fats: 4g
- Saturated Fats: 1g
- Ldl cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 161mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 massive egg yolk
- 3 tbsp contemporary lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest, plus further for garnish
- 1/2 tsp floor cinnamon
- 3 massive candy potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup fats free evaporated milk
- 3 massive egg whites
- 1 (9-inch every) ready pie shell, unbaked
- 1/4 cup fats free whipped topping (elective)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a big bowl, beat collectively the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add the egg yolk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cinnamon; combine properly.
- Stir within the candy potatoes and milk and blend to mix properly.
- With a hand mixer, beat the egg whites on excessive velocity till stiff peaks kind.
- Fold half of the egg whites into the candy potato combination till mixed.
- Fold within the remaining half of the egg whites till mixed.
- Pour the combination into the pie shell.
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes, or till a knife inserted within the heart comes out clear.
- Cool earlier than serving.
- Pie might be made prematurely and stored lined and chilled.
- Serve topped with a dollop of whipped topping and lemon zest for garnish, if desired.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Well being eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Prepare dinner eKitchen™ is a delegated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the data contained herein with out the categorical approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.