Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty Kundra is a health freak other than being a yoga fanatic. On her social media platforms, she is usually seen posting her health movies and to say the least, her Instagram feed is a lot better than that of a health influencer. Even on the age of 47, she maintains a wholesome regime and is likely one of the most match actresses in tinsel city.
Now in her newest Instagram submit, Shetty is seen training Gatyatmak Uttanpadasana or The Raised Leg Pose alongside along with her sister and fellow actress, Shamita Shetty. The video has the Shetty sisters doing the yoga asana in a park throughout their vacation in London. She captioned the submit as, “At present’s agenda on our #PartnerFitnessRoutineis Gatyatmak Uttanpadasana,” and thanked the superstar coach Ben Coleman for the exercise.
What’s Gatyatmak Uttanpadasana?
Often known as the Raised Leg Pose, it’s a mixture of Sanskrit phrases Uttan means raised, Pad means leg and Asana means pose. Gatyatmak Uttanpadasana is whenever you maintain shifting your legs backwards and forwards whereas your legs are raised within the air.
In response to Shetty, “It is likely one of the greatest workouts for the decrease stomach as a result of it tones and strengthens the pelvis, hips, legs, and likewise the perineum muscle groups. It is rather helpful for ladies, because it improves the perform of the reproductive organs and strengthens the partitions of the uterus.”
Methods to do Gatyatmak Uttanpadasana or the Raised Leg pose?
Right here’s how you are able to do it:
- To begin this yoga pose, lie flat in your again and breathe usually. Maintain each your palms alongside of your physique and together with your palms dealing with down.
- Inhale slowly as you attempt to carry your leg from the ground. Subsequent, maintain your legs straight at a 45-60 diploma angle from the ground together with your higher physique parallel to the ground.
- Maintain this place for a while and you’ll really feel strain within the decrease stomach.
- If you wish to do Gatyatmak Uttanpadasana, maintain shifting your legs backwards and forwards between 45 and 60 diploma angles.
- To launch this place, breathe out and slowly decrease down your legs in the direction of the ground. Lastly, take a deep breath and chill out.
Additionally, learn: Shilpa Shetty’s self love lesson is all you should thrust back mid-week blues
Well being advantages of this yoga pose:
Gatyatmak Uttanpadasana has umpteen advantages:
- It prevents acidity, indigestion and even aids in eradicating toxins out of your physique.
- Common follow of Uttanpadasana will help to enhance the pliability of the backbone and therefore, prevents again ache.
- It improves the energy of the stomach organ and betters the blood move to that area.
- Training Uttanpadasana frequently can assist the functioning of reproductive organs, thereby enhancing sexual efficiency as effectively.
- Uttanpadasana helps to stretch the again, hip and thigh muscle groups.
Who shouldn’t follow this yoga asana?
“One shouldn’t follow this throughout being pregnant and menstruation. Additionally, anybody affected by again ache, slip-disc, and cervical points should keep away from it,” Shetty indicators off.